Back to Family Tree Home Page
Pinhey - Robert Hill
Robert Pinhey, Esq., b. 17_? d. 18_? of the medical service. m. _Hill_ and had issue,
1. Robert Hill Pinhey, b. 1 8_? d. 21 Aug 1896 (see below)
2. ? Pinhey
3. ? Pinhey
4. ? Pinhey
Robert Hill Pinhey, b. 1 8_? d. 21 Aug 1896, formerly Judge of the High Court of Judicature, Bombay, m. 11 March 1852 Mary Anne Pellew daughter of the Rev. the Hon. Edward Pellew, 4th son of Admiral Sir Edward, 1st Viscount Exmouth, G.C.B. and had issue,
1. Edward Pinhey, b. 1855
2. Hugh Theodore Pinhey, b. 1858
3. Sir Alexander Fleetwood Pinhey C.I.E. b. 10 July 1861. d. 7 April 1916. (Who was Who, 1916-1928) m. 1891, Violet Beatric Gordon, d. of late Lt Gen. Sir Henry William Gordon, K.C.B., (b.1818 d. 1887); Entered the Army as Lieutenant Liverpool Regiment 10 May 1882, Lieutenant Indian Staff Corps 14 October 1883, Captain 10 May 1893, Major Indian Army 10 July 1901; entered Political Department of Government of India 1886, and became Resident in Mewar (Udaipur, Rajasthan, India), 1900; created C.I.E. 9 November 1901. From: Crisp's Visitation of England and Wales. British Resident of Hyderabad, from 29 October 1914 to 7 April 1914. Resident of Ajmer-Merwara from 6 November 1906 to 8 January 1907. PINHEY, Lt. Col. Sir Alexander Fleetwood, K.C.S.I., (Knight Commander of the Order of the St of India) cr. 1915, C.S.I., (Companion of the Order of the Star of India) 1911; C.I.E. 1901. Indian Army; Resident in Hyderabad; Political Department; Lieutenant King's Liverpool Regiment, 1882; served in Banswara as Assistant Political Agent and as Supt. Moghia operations, 1886; Political Agent Baghel Khand, 1895; Resident in Mewar, 1900; Resident in Gwalior, 1907; Officiating A.G.G. Rajputana, 1908-1909; Private Secretary to Viceroy, 1910. Address: The Residency, Hyderabad. Club: Junior United Service and had issue, three sons, two daughters,1. Louis Alexander Gordon Pinhey O.B.E., Major Indian Army. Indian political service. From "The India Office and Burma Office List, 1945". b. 28 Oct. 1901 d. 20 Oct. 1988. (New Forrest Nursing Home, Fritham House, Fritham, Stoney Cross, L. 164 180)
2. Kenneth Fleetwood Gordon Pinhey, Lieutenant "A" Bty. 83rd Bde., Royal Field Artillery who died on Thursday, 2nd August 1917. Age 21. Additional Information: Son of Lt. Col. Sir Alexander and Lady Pinhey, of 27, Wilbury Rd., Hove, Brighton.
3. son Pinhey
1. dau. Pinhey
2. dau. Pinhey
4. Arthur Francis Pinhey I.C.S, b. 1863. Author of "The Portraitore of Edward Pellew, First Viscout Exmouth"
5. Winthrop Molyneux Pinhey, Lt R A , b.1871 d. 2 Mar. 1894
6. Henry Pellew Douglas Pinhey, b.1872
7. Charles Codrington Pinhey, 1872 (twin).
1. Emily Pinhey, b. 1857
2. Mary Georgina Pinhey, b. 1868
See http://Pellew/Exmouth for details.
Descendants of Robert Pinhey
See http://Pinhey/Gordon for details.